So you have decided to become a guitar player? That is great, but like with any other skill, you must start from scratch and learn the basics before you become famous. Good thing is that hard work and dedication when learning the basics will provide you with a great foundation on which you can build on. Focus on the following basics and soon enough you will become a guitar player you have always wanted to be.
- Learn the anatomy of the guitar before you start playing. You must learn where all things are placed and what they do. Take some time to explore every detail on the guitar and learn as much as you can about them.
- After finishing the first step, the next step is to learn how to properly hold the guitar. You must learn how to properly position the guitar in your hands in order to play the best possible sound.
- Tuning the guitar is the next thing to learn. Before you can play any of your favorite songs, you first need to set the tunes properly so you will get the sound you want.
- Re-stringing the guitar is another basic, but very important thing to learn to do. Strings can wear off over time, they will lose their shine and color, and that will lead to bad tunes. Therefore, you need to learn how to replace them and re-string the guitar.
- Another important basic thing to learn is how to properly hold the guitar pick. These plastic tools are very important and you will not be able to play the guitar without them. Learning how to hold them is easy – place it between your thumb and your index finger.
- Reading tabs and chords is next basic things to learn. This is simple, but it requires some time for you to learn which strings you need to press and which fingers to use for playing.
- Learning to play open chords, playing power chords and playing guitar songs are the next things to learn, and all of them require patience and dedicated work. However, if you are motivated to become a good guitar player then you should have no trouble learning all these things. Remember that practice is what makes something perfect, so you also need to practice and perfect your skills regularly. Even the greatest guitar players practice many times every day, which is one thing that separates them from the rest.
These are some basics for those that want to become guitar players. Consider every mentioned step here, work and practice regularly, and soon enough you will have no trouble playing guitar songs.