The decade of 1990s was full of great music. The rock scene was particularly strong and many classics were born in this decade. Choosing the most popular rock songs of 1990s was very challenging thing to do as there were dozens of great songs that are worth to be mentioned. However, we have chosen the best from the best based on the time they spend on the musical charts, their popularity, and the mark they left on the music fans all over the world. Here they are:
Enter Sandman – Metallica
- This is one of the most recognizable rock songs of all times. Probably the best song created by Metallica with catchy lyrics and great sound.
Black – Pearl Jam
- A very powerful and emotional song by a great band that knows how to install strong emotion into their songs. Fantastic lyrics that make people come back to the song over and over and over again.
Killing in the Name – Rage Against the Machine
- Instantly recognizable song that is regularly played at rock concerts ever since it saw the light of the day. Strong lyrics and powerful guitars was the recipe for success.
Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
- This is one of the greatest songs of all times that left a huge mark on all generations ever since it appeared. An honest song with strong emotion that makes everyone move their bodies and enjoy great times. A real masterpiece of the 1990s.
Under the Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- A classic rock song from the beautiful decade, full of emotion and power. Honest lyrics and great sound hooked many people to the song and the band. It is still one of the most favorite songs to many famous rock musicians.
Thunderstruck – AC/DC
- Amazing riffs and powerful sound is what characterizes this fantastic song. Definitely one of the best AC/DC songs that is still loved by millions of people worldwide.
Don’t Cry – Guns N’ Roses
- Guns N` Roses were one of the best, if not the best, bands of 1990s. Almost every one of their songs was an instant classic, but Don’t Cry was something fantastic. All guitar parts are wonderful and the voice of Axl Rose is unforgettable. Definitely one of the best rock songs of all times and not just of the 1990s.